[Info-vax] startup hangs during TCPIP

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 18 05:44:30 EDT 2015

In article <mjbg6m$ff9$1 at dont-email.me>, Stephen Hoffman
<seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> writes:

> >> No, I haven't changed anything.  This is still a 7.3-2 node.
>
> I'd get everything to V8.4, and as expeditiously as possible.   There's
> little point in chasing weirdness with ancient and under-patched
> versions, after all.

I'm trying.  I had planned to do so today, but after the first proper
reboot after the upgrade, I get the grey screen of death on the graphics
monitor.  (It did work immediately after the upgrade).  I don't much use
the graphics monitor on this node, but obviously have to get this
working again because there is a chance that, if it is an 8.4 problem, I
would be left with no graphics capability.  Yes, I have lots of VTs, but
I like the comfort of DECterms in CDE.