[Info-vax] grey screen of death

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 18 06:41:17 EDT 2015

In article <1cc3accc-ad28-4689-885a-c24766ebb3f2 at googlegroups.com>,
fhsjvl at gmail.com writes:

> - Everything still OK in DECW$PRIVATE_SERVER_SETUP.COM?

I certainly haven't changed this in a while, nor the connected monitor,
graphics card, etc.

> - Sometimes DECwindows puts up complaints about the quota, after an upgrade.

I don't see any corresponding messages.

This machine has 2GB RAM, so I can be literal with quotas.  Any
recommendations?

> - It has been reported that sometimes DECW$STARTSERVER.COM is looping
> after an upgrade, one of the possible reasons being license problems.

I didn't notice any runaway processes.  Does 8.4 have different license
requirements here than 7.3-2?

It DID work immediately after the upgrade.

Might be a quota problem.