[Info-vax] OpenVMS printing to PDF

Paul Anderson paul.anderson at vmssoftware.com
Mon May 18 09:13:00 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-18 12:48:49 +0000, hancockrl59 at gmail.com said:

> Does anyone know if there is a way to print directly to pdf via an
> OpenVMS print queue?

This has been on our wishlist for a while.

Some printers can accept PDF files directly.  HP has some models that
do this.  I don't know about other printer vendors.

Other than that, since your printer probably understands PostScript
files, you could use the Ghostscript pdf2ps capability.  Sending a PDF
file through that would be a process outside of the PRINT command or an
OpenVMS print queue.

I would love for DCPS to handle PDF files, but such an effort is not
yet on the drawing board.

Paul

Paul Anderson
VMS Software, Inc.