[Info-vax] OpenVMS printing to PDF

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 18 10:14:27 EDT 2015

In article <mjcq07$dmf$1 at dont-email.me>, Stephen Hoffman
<seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid> writes:

> OpenVMS barely supports Postscript, much less PDF.

Maybe not VMS itself, but one can certainly use them on VMS.  I often
use PostScript on VMS.  It is no problem to write it: just have some
Fortran code issue the appropriate WRITE statements (yes, this is how I
do it).  Other applications are available.  One I also use is DVIPS to
create a PostScript file from a LaTeX DVI file.  (Yes, LaTeX runs fine
on VMS.  Much of it was developed on VMS.  Lamport used to work for DEC.
But I digress.)  I use GhostScript (GS) and GV to display it.  GS can
convert from PS to PDF and vice versa.  I use this all the time.