[Info-vax] problem with LSE installation

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 18 16:44:35 EDT 2015

In article <mjd8qi$b13$1 at dont-email.me>, David Froble

> >> Assume that the modifications are non-compatable with earlier versions,
> >> and Alphas could not remain in a cluster without the new stuff ....
> >
> > Let's be happy that the first release of VMS on x86 will allow an ALPHA
> > in the same cluster.  Who cares if ALPHA development stops after 8.X and
> > VMS 12.3 on X86 can't run with ALPHA in a cluster.
>
> You might not care.  I might not care.  But that doesn't mean there
> isn't some VMS users that might care.

Sure.  Of course.  But resources are limited, as are our lives, and
priorities have to be set.  After VSI gets VMS running on x86, and kit
is at least as easily available as Alphas are today, keeping Alpha up to
date would be WAY down on my list of priorities.

Yes, I miss the VAX.  I can no longer fit into those jeans where
everyone said I looked like Robert Plant.  Sic transit gloria mundi.