[Info-vax] Programming languages, was: Re: OpenVMS printing to PDF

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Tue May 19 10:26:44 EDT 2015

On 2015-05-19, Bob Koehler <koehler at eisner.nospam.decuserve.org> wrote:
> In article <mjdnlf$5mh$1 at dont-email.me>, Simon Clubley <clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP> writes:
>> On 2015-05-18, Jan-Erik Soderholm <jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> And how many "other systems" comes with anything more then a C compiler?
>>>

>> gcc comes with multiple language support including C, C++, Fortran and
>> Ada.
>>

>    Yes, but when you install gcc, you generally don't get Fortran or Ada
>    unles you also install something extra.

Yes, but those options are part of the base distribution ready for
you to select during installation if needed just as you have options
during VMS installation; those options are still considered to be a
part of the distribution even if you choose not to install them on a
specific system.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP