[Info-vax] grey screen of death

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Fri May 22 11:31:00 EDT 2015

In article <slrnmltk5q.dh0.jkb at rayleigh.systella.fr>,
	JKB <jkb at koenigsberg.invalid> writes:
> Le Thu, 21 May 2015 23:14:13 +0000 (UTC),
> Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) <helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de> écrivait :

>>> 	Any idea. I have the same issue with my AS800.
>>
>> Interesting.  This makes it even more likely that there are insufficient
>> quotas and/or values of system parameters somewhere.
>
> 	I don't use special quota and 8.3 ran like a charm on this AS800.
>
>> Do you have UPDATE 5 patch as well?
>
> 	I don't. I have seen this issue when I have installed 8.4 a long
> 	time ago and I have posted here my constatations.
>
>> If someone could find a fix for this in a more recent UPDATE patch,
>> maybe that could be made available to us hobbyists.

I haven't run DECWindows on VMS for a very long time, but in my
halcyon VMS days I ran DECWindows on everything.  I remember
having to up a number of quotas in SYSGEN.  I would suppose that
additional requirements of the newer OS version may require these
to be even higher than what used to be recommended.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |