[Info-vax] 8.4 and DECwindows CDE login box not coming up

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Mon May 25 10:44:59 EDT 2015

In article <b731fafd-b05e-4c15-8273-750b44ff18aa at googlegroups.com>, Hans
Vlems <hvlems at freenet.de> writes:

> Thinking AUTHORIZE, could it be that an account that is used by DECwindows
> has an access restriction (e.g. for batch) applied or a flag set to, say,
> DISUSER?

There are of course many ways to stop DECwindows from working.  However,
keep in mind that it stopped working after an AUTOGEN and REBOOT.

I'll compare my parameters (all of them) with those of Hans.  If there
is nothing obvious to change and/or if it doesn't help, I'll have to go
the "fresh install" route.  That might take a few days, though; this is
just a hobbyist system, and I have even less spare time than usual.