[Info-vax] interactively edit PDF files on VMS?

Phillip Helbig undress to reply helbig at asclothestro.multivax.de
Tue May 26 14:53:59 EDT 2015

In article <556473b9$0$21340$e4fe514c at dreader37.news.xs4all.nl>, MG
<marcogbNO at SPAMxs4all.nl> writes:

> Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) schreef op 25-mei-2015 om 22:58:
> > sometimes someone wants me to interactively edit and/or annotate
> > a PDF file.  Is there anything which will do this on VMS?
>
> .... What do you think?

I don't know.  Until recently, some people here thought there was no way
to read or write PDF files on VMS.  Who knows what is out there?  I've
even heard of people who have used VMS for decades and never used
DECWindows.  :-)

> How do you mean, a 'WYSIWYG' editor for PostScript and/or LaTeX that
> produces PDF results on-the-fly?  I have never heard for it, not for
> VMS at least.  In fact, I'm not even aware of any actual LaTeX
> distribution for VMS, let alone I64 (only old VAX and AXP).

Nothing to do with LaTeX (even if the PDF was ultimately produced from
LaTeX)---as I said, I would always use the source, but some people want
an edited PDF file.