[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Tue May 26 17:57:37 EDT 2015

seasoned_geek skrev den 2015-05-26 21:45:
> On Tuesday, May 26, 2015 at 2:10:49 PM UTC-5, Phillip Helbig (undress to
> reply) wrote:
>> In article <mk28ki$ik0$1 at dont-email.me>, David Froble
>> <davef at tsoft-inc.com> writes:

They are two uncorrelated facts.

One can also state that without some of the later opensource,
VMS would have even *less* customers then today.

You just make up some history from some randomly picked
facts that happens to match your view. You are probably
only fooling yourself, noone else shares those views.

>> There is a strong correlation between the increase in global warming
>> and the decrease in pirates.  Surely pirates keep the Earth's
>> temperature down?  Arr, matey!
>
> Jest all you want Phillip. Each and every company which pushed to get
> some "Open" package ported to VMS basically left the platform once they
> got it.

Maybe becuse they saw the job to get it there.
And how bad it run when it got there.
And how well it run in other places.

Again, you are just making up your own history view.

> The more you add things from wanna-be OS's which run on a joke
> of a CPU, the more they will continue to leave. Well, not so much "more"
> because way more than half are gone.

Most leaves becuse things aren't there.

The way you express our opinions places your
credibility way down the scale.