[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Tue May 26 19:05:17 EDT 2015

seasoned_geek wrote:

> One thing which really blew my mind and should not have given the
> total incompetence at HP is the fact they didn't seize the moment
> with Service Oriented Architecture and ACMS. With a cluster and ACMS
> servers and a persistent message queue system they had the ultimate
> distributed SOA architecture in their hands and they simply sat there
> all stupified.

Why should you be surprised?  The world runs on the Peter Principal.

Back around 1990 when the first GPS system became available I approached
some representatives of avionics mfgs.  I said "we now have the
capability for every aircraft to know it's own location and vector, to
broadcast that information, and to use the broadcasts of other aircraft
to plot potential intersections."

I got blank looks and several had the reason not to do so because the
product would not fit in a standard radio stack.

Now ADSB, a system way over-engineered, is to go into use in 2020.  30
years to "get a clue".  And why, safety?  No way.  It's to assist ATC at
airports.

Yep, Peter Principal ....