[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

Bill Gunshannon bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu
Thu May 28 14:50:50 EDT 2015

In article <mk7na3$8en$1 at speranza.aioe.org>,
	glen herrmannsfeldt <gah at ugcs.caltech.edu> writes:
> Bill Gunshannon <bill at server3.cs.scranton.edu> wrote:
>
> (snip, someone wrote)
>>> The landscape has changed however and I believe that VSI know who their
>>> competitors are: Linux and Windows. Hopefully VSI will not think its
>>> only competitors are MVS, AIX and Solaris.
>
>> Is Solaris anyone's competitor?
>
> For a long time, it was popular for web servers.
>
> I don't know by now.

That was my point.  Is Solaris even relevant in today's IT world?
If I were VSI I would not waste time trying to determine how to
"compete" with Solaris.  And AIX while still doing OK is really a
very niche product and probably not really a competitor anymore.

Like it or not, the competitors are Windows Server and the Free
Unix and Unix-workalikes.

bill

billg999 at cs.scranton.edu |  and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.
University of Scranton   |