[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Sat May 30 13:34:27 EDT 2015

Paul Sture wrote:
> On 2015-05-29, David Froble <davef at tsoft-inc.com> wrote:
>

> <snip>
>
>>   Do I like Intel?  No.  If I need an x86 processor I choose AMD.  Not
>> that Intel will miss me, but, I don't like their business practices.
>
> Unfortunately there are some cutting edge projects out there which, for
> the moment at least, require Intel rather than AMD.

The performance difference isn't that great.  Unless you require single
processor performance, you can usually purchase 2 AMD chips for the cost
of one Intel chip.  Sometimes more than two.  The multiple AMD chips
provide more total performance than the single Intel chip, at a smaller
price.

How often does one need that single core performance?

Cater to poor business practices, and you deserve what you get in the end.