[Info-vax] BASIC compiler in the hobbyist distribution

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Sun May 31 14:45:12 EDT 2015

>> You know, it never ceases to amaze me just how short of a memory people have.
>
>> It was not all that long ago Amazon made the nightly news for roughly a
>> week due to a massive outage where they had to replace so many
>> thousands of servers it exceeded their suppliers capacity to provide
>> them.

And that is basically the thing.  The rest of the world has "drunk the kool-aid"
for better or for worse.  If you have a product to sell, you have to sell it
to them.

I'm no fan of the x86.  Nobody is.  But everybody uses it, even for mission
critical stuff where they probably shouldn't.  That's how it goes in the
21st century, and that's the world we have to sell products into.
--scott