[Info-vax] SCSI cable rules.

Tom Adams tadamsmar at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 09:56:37 EDT 2016

We have DS10s and I am trying to avoid SCSI cable pitfalls.

I have some SCSI cables with no terminator on the end, it was probably a mistake to buy those.  Looks like most of the disks and tape drives we have don't have a "terminator" jumper.  Some have "term power" jumpers. The passive female terminators for internal 68 pin cables seem to be kind of pricy and bulky.

Can I assume that all the SCSI control cards that work for a DS10 will provide term power so that I don't have to add a device that has term power?