[Info-vax] Chiphead News: Intel announces new Kaby Lake processors

johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 14:18:48 EDT 2016

On Friday, 2 September 2016 14:10:05 UTC+1, Kerry Main  wrote:
> [...]

Mostly agreed, but reallocation of "hardware" resources (memory,
processors, IO) isn't relevant to commodity OSes - it's not
relevant that they can't do it, because the IT department rely
on the HYPErvisor to provide that functionality (generally).

How do you tune a VAX? Give it more memory.

How do you tune an x86 system? Buy a newer one.

Neither are entirely fair, but...