[Info-vax] FREE RX2660 - It's that time again

David Froble davef at tsoft-inc.com
Fri Sep 2 15:30:18 EDT 2016

Simon Clubley wrote:
> On 2016-09-01, David Froble <davef at tsoft-inc.com> wrote:
>> David Turner wrote:
>>> Well how about this
>>>
>>> I will make it a choice
>>>
>>> The DS15s we have in stock work fine, it is just the skins are a little
>>> shabby. If you don't mind having a perfectly functional DS15 but
>>> aesthetically B- then I will offer the following as an option
>>>

>>> Alphaserver DS15
>>> 2GB Memory
>>> 2 x 146GB 10K Disk
>>> ATI Radeon 7500
>>>
>>> If/when you win, tell me which you want. The rx2660 or the DS15
>> Well, that was unexpected ....
>>

> Just remember that new patches for VMS Alpha stop at the end of this
> year when you are deciding which one to choose. :-)

I don't need 2 itanics.

As for Alpha, that's the story today.  Such can change, based upon customer
demand.  Not that I'm expecting anything, but, "never say never".

> I will say that David is seriously generous with these free draw offers.

Yes, he is.  I cannot realize how generous, as I have more HW than I'll expend
electricity on, at least 24 x 365.25.  But for some, it may be the difference
between 0 and 1.