[Info-vax] Cloud Security - 68M accounts hacked on Dropbox

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 17:04:34 EDT 2016

Well,  it's hard to tell these days with so many
"interesting" things happening at the C levels of many
companies. The new saying is that during their initial
hiring interviews, the C level candidate will spend 5
min's on salary negotiations, 10 min's on their bonus plan
and 20 min's on their exit package. Reminds me of a former
CEO who made a big deal of taking a 20% salary cut from
$1M to $800k, only to find out that he subsequently
received a $14M bonus (or in that neighborhood).

Approx. 60+% of the typical IT budget is staffing related,
so outsourcing to a public cloud (aka head count cuts)
makes financial and mgmt. types sit up and take notice.

Course, all too often senior financial and senior mgmt.
types do not understand the long term impact or the pro's
and con's. All they see and hear is media, vendor and
industry hype and that it enables them to meet some short
term cost reduction goals (read goals that will kick in
bonuses).

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com