[Info-vax] Cloud Security - 68M accounts hacked on Dropbox

johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk johnwallace4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 3 10:18:08 EDT 2016

On Saturday, 3 September 2016 14:40:05 UTC+1, Kerry Main  wrote:
> [...]

That's the article and these are the paragraphs I referred to.

"We anticipate a long tail of workflows that will take some time
to move to BeyondCorp. For example, fat-client applications that
use proprietary protocols to talk to servers will be a challenge.

We are investigating ways to BeyondCorp such applications,
perhaps by pairing them with an authentication service. "

OK.

"As we move forward with the migration to BeyondCorp, we
intend to publish subsequent articles explaining why and how
Google has moved to BeyondCorp, with the goal of encouraging
other enterprises in implementing similar strategies."

Anybody seen any subsequent articles, or is this another of
Google's ever-increasing history of launch in a blaze of
publicity and quietly withdraw later?
E.g. Yet another Register article where the comments are at least
as informative as the article:
http://forums.theregister.co.uk/forum/1/2016/04/06/googles_beyondcorp_security_policy/

I'm sure Google have some great people and great ideas. For
their business and their workload. But as far as most
businesses are concerned they're in a parallel universe.