[Info-vax] OpenSSL 1.1.0 released

Stephen Hoffman seaohveh at hoffmanlabs.invalid
Mon Sep 5 10:55:00 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-03 13:44:23 +0000, Richard Levitte said:

> Den fredag 2 september 2016 kl. 19:02:45 UTC+2 skrev Stephen Hoffman:
>> Ugh, sorry, NEWUSER isn't multi-architecture.   My bad.  Multi-arch
>> looks like this:
>>

>> -- the executables and architecture-specific pieces
>> if ( < software DEC AXPVMS VMS > );
>> File [SYSEXE]FOOCP.EXE protection public source [ALPHA_OBJ]FOOCP.EXE;
>> else if ( < software HP I64VMS VMS > );
>> File [SYSEXE]FOOCP.EXE protection public source [IA64_OBJ]FOOCP.EXE;
>> end if;
>
> Except that doesn't quite seem to work...  The demonstration I made
> indicates that [SYSEXE]FOOCP.EXE will be a copy of [ALPHA_OBJ]FOOCP.EXE
> in any case.

I've just noticed PCSI rolled its own help file format parser, and
didn't implement it quite the same as the standard help file parser: no
support for bang characters as comment character delimiters.  HELP has
accepted exclamation points as comment delimiters for aeons.    Not a
huge surprise that, given the description file parser and the entirety
of the PCSI tool has its share of quirks.   But I digress.

Since you haven't shown your (non-working) reproducer, I'll show you my
(working) example.   Here is a tested, working multi-architecture kit:
http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/1934