[Info-vax] Micro Focus Merger with Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Software Business Segment

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:19:23 EDT 2016

of
> > the world's largest pure-play software companies."
> >
> > HP-UX, Non-Stop and OpenVMS support are NOT part
> of the
> > HPE Software Business Unit. These are split between
> the
> > HPE BCS (Business Critical Servers) and TS (Technical
> > Services) Support org's.
> >

> Thanks Kerry.
>
> Sometimes with HP, and all their similar sounding
business
> units, it
> feels like trying to make sure you don't confuse the
> Judean People's
> Front with the People's Front of Judea... :-)
>
> Simon.

Np .. heck, even with all the decades I spent at
DEC/Compaq/HP, it was always a struggle to keep track of
all of the various products, different BU changes etc.

Keep in mind that the number of companies HP acquired
before I left in 2012 was something like 42.

I suspect Micro Focus will soon experience similar
internal complexity challenges in the future.

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com