[Info-vax] September 6, 2016 - new Roadmap and State of the Port updates now on VSI website

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:42:15 EDT 2016

is
> certified for
> >VMS, is the RX2800. It doesn't have PCI or PCI-X
> slots........
>
> >I wonder is there is any Itanium system with PCI or
PCI-X
> slots, perhaps
> >this list of adapters was copied from the HP Alpha
> quickspecs for VMS 8.4??
>
> >Since VSI is only selling VMS for Itanium, I wonder if
> these PCI and
> >PCI-X adapters should be listed at all.
>
> My rx2600 at home has PCI and PCI-X slots, with boards
> that VMS understands
> in them.  Of course that system is quite "experienced"
as
> VSI puts it...
>
> I don't know what less ancient "experienced" systems
> such as the rx2620
> and rx2660 use.

Fwiw, I also have an unsupported LSI RAID adapter module
that is a PCI-X board on my rx2600.

It works great on VSI OpenVMS 8.4-2 with my dual very
cheap 2TB WD disk drives (with HW RAID1, OS views as
single, fast 2TB volume).

I think the 2 TB drives were approx. CAD$ 175 each from my
local computer shop. LSI card was approx. CAD$75 obtained
on eBay.

:-)

Regards,

Kerry Main