[Info-vax] HPE Trims Back To The Core Enterprise Essentials

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Tue Sep 13 13:41:25 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-13, Kerry Main <kemain.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:
> Interesting dissection with a few more details of recent HPE
> moves:
>
> Sept 09, 2016:
>
> http://www.nextplatform.com/2016/09/09/hpe-trims-back-core-e
> nterprise-essentials/
>
> "With the split of HPE from HP Inc, the PC and printing
> company, HP went from a company with approximately $100
> billion in annual sales to an HPE with around $50 billion in
> revenues. With the divestiture of Enterprise Services to CSC
> and the spinoff of the software units to Micro Focus, HPE
> will drop to around $28 billion in revenues"
>
> Pretty interesting diet HPE has undertaken in approx. the
> last 18 months.

I hope HPE are not reducing themselves down to a size that's
small enough to be sold off or taken over (although to be
honest I doubt that they are.)

I wonder if they really are trying to get back to a core set
of business sectors - if so I hope they don't mess it up
because there are some positives in having a core set of
business areas which they can focus on without distractions.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP