[Info-vax] What would you miss if DECnet got the chop? Was: "bad select 38" (OpenSSL on VMS)

Michael Moroney moroney at world.std.spaamtrap.com
Mon Sep 19 11:28:27 EDT 2016

I am following this thread with interest because I put
a bunch of effort getting DECnet V/DECnet Plus to build
at VSI, what we got from HP was a bit of a mess.  Since
then I wondered, how many customers actually use DECnet V
(or DECnet IV), and for what.

Of course the VMS builtin where you could access any
file on your DECnet with almost any software just by
using the file spec node::dev:[dir.sub]file.ext is
really great, and is missed on TCP/IP.