[Info-vax] "bad select 38" (OpenSSL on VMS)

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net_work
Mon Sep 19 19:08:25 EDT 2016

On 9/19/2016 5:56 PM, Richard Levitte wrote:
> Den måndag 19 september 2016 kl. 21:51:16 UTC+2 skrev Mark Daniel:

>>> I tried not too long ago.
>>>
>>> I ended up sticking with the last 0.9.8 that I had built. (I don't even
>>> remember what problems I encountered, just that I had enough that I
>>> decided it wasn't worth the time and effort.)
>>
>> No /long long/ available for v1.0.0f for starters.
>
> Ah, right, that's a major bummer...
> (I never understood why there never was any long long support for VAX.  After all, quadwords?)

It is on my Todo list to find a GCC/VAX install kit either on my of my
disk backups or on-line and see if it understood long long.

One problem with GCC/VAX 2.7.x (the last I used) is the source provided
for gcc.exe, which is just a wrapper program, does not match the binary
provided, so gcc.exe can not be rebuilt or updated with out some work.

Regards,
-John
wb8tyw at qsl_network