[Info-vax] "bad select 38" (OpenSSL on VMS)

Richard Levitte richard at levitte.org
Mon Sep 19 19:58:21 EDT 2016

Den tisdag 20 september 2016 kl. 01:26:20 UTC+2 skrev John E. Malmberg:
> On 9/16/2016 9:56 AM, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> > The change is here:
> >
> > <https://github.com/openssl/openssl/commit/0d3b65832c6fa94c1d1cfa2f99335f323e3227c1>
> >
> > At first glance, I think it's only sockets and terminals. Also at first
> > glance, it's only including iosbdef.h on Alpha, and otherwise rolling
> > its own _iosb struct. Surely that should be #ifndef _VAX rather than
> > #ifdef __alpha?
>
> So if I run s_client through popen() or otherwise through a pipe such as
> being launched by GNV Bash it will fail?

Probably, but also probably just because it assigns a channel to SYS$COMMAND.  When calling a program with popen or through a pipe launched by GNV Bash, is there a SYS$INPUT?  What happens if that's used instead of SYS$COMMAND?

Gods, it's been way too long since I did this kind of stuff...

Cheers,
Richard