[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 10:48:34 EDT 2016

Fwiw, speed of deployment of hi speed links to home is
accelerating. It will change a lot of what we consider "normal"
today.

Earlier this year my son moved into a new Apt complex in Irvine,
CA and he has 750Mbs/down AND up. He has given up on paying cable
TV and now watches exclusively shows and movies streamed from
Inet via various providers like Hulu. He no longer has a home
phone - just the cell.

Reference:
http://www.adrenalineonline.com/?p=367
Japan's So-NET ISP Launches 2Gb Internet Service

"Crazy fast. Japan remains light years ahead of the United States
in ISP offerings. For about the same price in USD as a standard
Comcast account, how does a connection that is 1000 times faster
sound? The connection speed likely exceeds most home PC network
cards. What an excuse to upgrade."

http://www.techcentral.ie/sony-isp-launches-2gbs-home-broadband-i
n-japan/

https://www.wired.com/2015/04/comcast-says-itll-bring-ultra-fast-