[Info-vax] Hewlett: Are They a Take-Out After Six Years of Whitman?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Tue Sep 20 15:00:01 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-20, Kerry Main <kemain.nospam at gmail.com> wrote:

> "We note that CEO Whitman has now been at HP for 6 years, just
> turned 60, and has a long held interest in politics. A sale of
> all of HPE could present an attractive final coup."

Perhaps she could put Hillary in touch with people who know how to
scrub email archives without them having to ask about it on Reddit ? :-)

> [KM - my bet is on Cisco with its $60B cash on hand as a means to
> go up against the new Dell/EMC for leadership of future
> infrastructure market. They could simply drop/sell the current HP
> network business]

On a more serious note:

Would Cisco have any clue about how to handle and market the HP
server range (especially the services and software) ?

Surely HPE are still big enough that there could be antitrust
issues unless the buyer is very carefully selected and hence any
potential issues around market consolidation are avoided ?

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP