[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Chris xxx.syseng.yyy at gfsys.co.uk
Wed Sep 21 12:19:51 EDT 2016

On 09/21/16 15:40, Dirk Munk wrote:

> No, because if these are recent routers and switches, they will also
> have IPv6. So it is just a matter of enabling IPv6.

Recent, yes, but not otherwise. I just logged in the Virgin Superhub
here to check and its IPV4 all the way through, even the WAN address.
It was free upgrade only a few months ago, so should be fairly up to
date.

Ok, devil's advocate, but i'm always suspicious when people make
statements that are clearly not true. Telling others what they should
be doing is never the best way to gain acceptance for any plan, no
matter how good. IPV6 may be the way forward
and looks like a far better solution long term. That is, when it's fully
sorted, proven and there is a good business case.

Judging by the multinet  announcement elsewhere, you will have IPV6 on
VMS, so problem solved then...

Regards,

Chris