[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Richard Levitte richard at levitte.org
Wed Sep 21 12:50:10 EDT 2016

Den onsdag 21 september 2016 kl. 18:17:58 UTC+2 skrev Dirk Munk:
> Get a Fritz!box, they are by far the best consumer routers. Their market
> share in Germany is > 50%.

I just looked through the manual for one of the models, and while it does mention IPv6 a lot and the capability to tunnel over IPv4 (which I'm forced to do because more or less all ISPs in Sweden are pieces of shit who won't even look at IPv6), I'm tunneling via tunnelbroker.net (HE), and it seems not all appliances know how to handle that one.  Sure, I could go for one that supports TSP, but the only that's acceptable (because it has an end point in Europe) that I know off is gogo6, which seems to be unavailable for the moment...

I'm actually currently looking at getting a small box with two network ports, install Linux, doing a quick network and iptables setup and stop searching further.  That, at least, is something I know will work (I've had this setup on my laptop for quite a while).

Cheers,
Richard