[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Scott Dorsey kludge at panix.com
Wed Sep 21 16:56:04 EDT 2016

In article <nruji2$366$1 at gioia.aioe.org>, Chris  <syseng at gfsys.co.uk> wrote:

>Look, i'm not arguing against V6 for it's own sake and it
>is obviously needed. But please, enough of the prosletisation,
>assumptions and arm waving about how good it is and what the
>rest of the world is using and their reasons for doing so :-).

Well, it's there, and we have been running dual stack here on most systems
for much of a decade and it's been just fine.

It's not a matter of how good it is, it's a matter of the fact that there are
a lot of people out there who use it, and if you want to connect to
their machines you may well need to use it too.

This isn't 2005 any longer.
--scott