[Info-vax] IA64 full system emulator ?

IanD iloveopenvms at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 17:39:16 EDT 2016

On Thursday, September 22, 2016 at 9:17:39 AM UTC+10, Simon Clubley wrote:
> Does anyone know of an IA64 full system emulator which could boot VMS ?
>
> I'm expecting the answer to be no as I have not found _anything_
> while searching but I thought I would ask anyway.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon.
>
> --
> Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
> Microsoft: Bringing you 1980s technology to a 21st century world

I've searched around the place and never found anything either other than references on Hoff's page and a few other sites pointing to the same Sourceforge destination

http://labs.hoffmanlabs.com/node/983

At some point in time I would have thought VSI or Stormasys might develop something for when OpenVMS moves away from Itanium but I wonder if it would be worth it.
I think most people who have gone to Itanium are on applications / software that can be ported much easier than some of the old Alpha stuff (like where I am), so the market need for an Itanium emulator might not be there?

I certainly would love to have one - then again, where is VSI's hobbyist program...