[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Jan-Erik Soderholm jan-erik.soderholm at telia.com
Fri Sep 23 08:32:40 EDT 2016

Den 2016-09-23 kl. 14:04, skrev Chris:
> On 09/23/16 03:01, David Froble wrote:
>

>> Remember, we're talking about a terrorist (Hitler wanna-be) currently
>> responsible for over a quarter million deaths, and over 11 million
>> displaced people. How many governments could get away with this. There
>> are a few.
>>
>> Way past time a 2000 lb guided munition found it's way through his
>> bedroom window.
>
> Don't usually get involved in stuff like this but...
>
> Syria is in chaos, and war is brutal, but it's no good wringing
> our hands saying how terrible it is, since the West is itself
> responsible for it. Collective guilt, or what ?. I sometimes
> wonder if permanent instability is the long term aim, divide
> and rule, to make it easier for the West to manipulate them. If
> there were civil war in the US, do you reaslly think the response
> from government would be any different if push came to shove ?.
> Afaics, Syria is a sovereign state trying to repel a terrorist
> uprising to restore order. External meddling from Western countries
> with agendas only makes the problem worse. In the end, for the
> ordinary citizens, order and stability are everything, Western
> style democracy or not.
>
> Syria before IS was one of the more enlightened arab states, stable,
> freedom of religious expression and safe to have coffee in the
> sidewalk cafes. Keep your head down, and you left alone. Certainly
> more freedom than authoritarian regimes like Saudi Arabia, who we
> support and sell arms to. The hypocricy of the West is staggering,
> but Syria were allies of Iran, so of course the west were against
> them.
>
> As usual, one must ask, who has the most to gain from the chaos in
> Syria and in particular, what is the state of Israel's interest
> in all this ?. You can't necessarily believe what you read in the
> local media either, as they are often little more than shills for
> their own position or external interest groups. You need to source
> your info as widely as possible, weighting for bias, to get at the
> truth...
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris

Well written. I'd just add that you also must go back to what happend
the few years directly after the WW-I when GB and France (mainly)
put a map on the table, took a ruler and a pencil and created
what we now know as the countries in the Middle East. In many
cases purely constructs to match the needs of western coutries
trade and economics, such as Kuwait to let the GB keep the
controle of oil export from the region. Should logicaly have
been part of Iraq, of course, if it hadn't been for the oil.
Sadaam had a point there, but his solution wasn't that good...

Syria was also a creation of this post WW-I caos and issues
as we see today was probably just a matter of time away.

The simplistic view that some here expresses doesn't help a bit, of
course. I do not have any solution either, but correctly understanding
the historical background can help some.

Regards, Jan-Erik Söderholm