[Info-vax] implementing IPv6 on the internet

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:54:58 EDT 2016

IPv4
> with something today, what would you choose, pragmatically
> speaking?
>
> That assumes he wants to replace IPv4 today ....
>
> And I think that's the point ....

Interesting recent note I tripped across regarding Apple and
IPV6:

https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=05042016a

May 04, 2016 - "At WWDC 2015 we announced the transition to
IPv6-only network services in iOS 9. Starting June 1, 2016 all
apps submitted to the App Store must support IPv6-only
networking. Most apps will not require any changes because IPv6
is already supported by NSURLSession and CFNetwork APIs. If your
app uses IPv4-specific APIs or hard-coded IP addresses, you will
need to make some changes. "

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com