[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Hans Bachner hans at bachner.priv.at
Fri Sep 23 11:01:00 EDT 2016

Bob Koehler schrieb am 23.09.2016 um 16:31:
> In article <mailman.9.1474490123.24380.info-vax_rbnsn.com at rbnsn.com>, "Kerry Main" <kemain.nospam at gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> In terms of ease of testing, I currently have installed both
>> Multinet V5.5 and TCPIP V5.7 stacks on my VSI OpenVMS V8.4-2L1
>> rx2600 lab system. While I cannot speak to how the VSI product
>> will behave or what it will look like, today, I can flip from one
>> stack to the other by simply enabling /disabling the appropriate
>> startup file in the systartup_vms.com file and then reboot.
>
>     Is it that simple if you're clustering over IP?  Clustering means
>     the IP stack gets loaded before the startup scripts are run.

I don't think so - afaik IP as a cluster interconnect is only supported
with the HP TCP/IP stack.

This will certainly change with the arrival of VSI TCP/IP; but I doubt
that third party stacks will be supported in the foreseeable future.

But without IP as a cluster interconnect I don't see why this
configuration should give you problems.

Hans.