[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 17:17:33 EDT 2016

In large shops, you want a common multi-platform console log strategy as part of the enterprise mgmt. strategy. You do not want individual OS's each with a separate or proprietary console log solution that will not fit into the enterprise strategy.

In some cases for security reasons, you want the console log strategy to be totally separate from the host OS or network device so a OS/network priv'ed person cannot change the console log files that might be stored on the local server. For audit purposes, you may even want the console log files backed up as part of your data mgmt. strategy.

What Apple has does not fit this corporate requirement, hence my earlier question about what OS/HW server are you talking about?

Regards,

Kerry Main
Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com