[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Dirk Munk munk at home.nl
Tue Sep 27 04:18:35 EDT 2016

IanD wrote:
> That's interesting about the survey and performance issues. We are nearing the end of simply being able to crank up CPUs faster and faster. We either go the way of parallel and/or its back to people in white coats tuning and tweaking and knowing their customers load and business again instead of half whit monkeys just saying, buy a bigger system

*NO*, not people in white coats. Just people who know what they are
doing, who understand how computers work. People who can read a manual,
even to find someone who can actually find something in a manual is a
miracle these days.

Now of course this kind of people is also interested in figuring out how
you can improve performance. These are the kind of people who read about
and try out options etc.