[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Paul Sture nospam at sture.ch
Tue Sep 27 11:59:27 EDT 2016

On 2016-09-26, Scott Dorsey <kludge at panix.com> wrote:
> In article <ns9j15$b32$2 at gioia.aioe.org>, Chris  <syseng at gfsys.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>Sun Sparc machines have this capability for years, with a
>>separate management embedded processor and associated network
>>based ilom port. That supports http or ssh access and can
>>monitor and control all aspects of machine operation. There is
>>also a serial management port offering a subset of the same
>>functionality.
>>
>>Proliants may have some of this as well, though haven't used
>>it...
>
> Proliants and Dell machines have it, using a standard ILO interface
> processor from Intel.  It is very, very standardized across platforms
> and works well.

Even the humble HP(E) MicroServer has that now as part of the standard
offering (it used to be an optional extra):

<http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=5379860#!tab=features>

And while we are there, the Gen8 range now has 4 models, including a
couple of Xeons:

<http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/proliant-servers/product-detail.html?oid=5379860#!tab=models>

--
It said I needed to have eight characters for my password.
So I chose Snow White and the seven dwarves.