[Info-vax] product not installing

Steven Schweda sms.antinode at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 14:40:14 EDT 2016

> Ok I didn't know VMS had zip. But I can try it.

   If you can find an OS which does _not_ have Info-ZIP Zip
and UnZip, then please notify the developers.

   Normally, the fossil versions of the Info-ZIP executables
distributed by HP[E] are buggier than I'd choose, but almost
anything will work well enough to get the C compiler
installed, and then you can get less obsolete versions built.
(You still won't have some newer features (like large-file
support) on VAX, but having fewer bugs is possible anywhere.