[Info-vax] VSI and Process Software announcement

Kerry Main kemain.nospam at gmail.com
Fri Sep 30 11:14:20 EDT 2016

[snip..]

> > noticed,
> Muslims.

> >> You probably aren't going to like this, maybe stop reading
> now.
> >>
> >> At this time, it seems that most of the problems originate
in
> > the
> >> muslim world.
> >>   So, Ok, muslims don't like the extremists, that's fine,
but
> > it's
> >> their house to clean up, and they don't seem to be doing a
> good job
> >> of it.  Now, if they don't clean up their own house, then
> sooner or
> >> later, someone else is going to take on the task, and just
how
> are
> >> they going to tell the difference between "good"
> >> and "bad"?  I suggest that things may have gone too far, and
> > they
> >> won't care, they'll just send them all to Allah and let him
> > sort
> >> them out.
> >>
> >> Note, I'm not advocating this, but as an analyst, I can see
> > things
> >> getting to that point.
> >>

> > The above is about as true as stating "Christians" are
> responsible for
> > all the crazies and bad things the KKK has done.
> >
> > Let's face it - every religion has its extremists.
> >
> > For the extremists, there is usually power and/or money
and/or
> greed
> > and/or racial prejudice fueling the rhetoric.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Kerry Main
> > Kerry dot main at starkgaming dot com
>
> Come on Kerry, maybe some reading lessons are in order?
>
> I didn't say muslims were responsible, I just said that the
> perspective is that their group is where the problems are
coming
> from.
>
> And you will have a hard time denying that lots of people are
> getting fed up with what's happening.  Not saying that's good.
> But it's happening.

What is really happening is that normally sane, reasonable people
have been flooded with messages of FUD via the internet and
media, so they become afraid as they perceive the personal risk
issues to be much bigger than they actually are.

The drivers -
- extreme right and left groups in many countries (including the
US) are using the middle east civil war migrations for their own
personal and political gains by exploiting the old "what if?"
stories loaded with FUD;
- it's not just the US - look at the whole Brexit result. The
vote would not even have been close if the exit promoters had not
played the FUD factor on the older generation of folks and lied
about "we will stop immigration";
- Due to the political atmosphere, US extremists and alt right
groups are playing on people's fears - the old FUD factor. They
have even taken over the GOP party (when reasonable voices like
Paul Ryan are drowned out, you know the party is in trouble).
- The fact is that, while incidents of crazies doing bad things
are certainly not good for anyone and should be stopped, an
excess of 25,000 people are killed every year in the US due to
gun related violence, and similar numbers killed every year in
the US by traffic related accidents.  Health related deaths dwarf
both these issues.
- In addition, most of the terror /mass shooting issues in the US
are actually committed by US citizens (albeit perhaps influenced
by these extremist groups from elsewhere).

FUD sells press coverage, positive messages - not so much.

What the world needs are more stories on the positive messages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28fPPfx6MAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gT-vJg-EfM

:-)