[Info-vax] Alternative _legal_ operating systems for VAX ?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Mon Jan 3 05:47:01 EST 2022

On 2022-01-02, Johnny Billquist <bqt at softjar.se> wrote:

> That is definitely true. It's not that pleasant to run current NetBSD on
> any VAX at the moment. But there are also some problems/issues that
> we're waiting for a new version of gcc to come along, where they have
> been fixed.

Generating the ssh server keys in NetBSD running under simh was
certainly "interesting". :-) I left it running overnight and it
was done in the morning so I don't know how long that actually took. :-)

Regarding gcc, I notice there were discussions about removing VAX
support from gcc and the subsequent bounty to fix the immediate
issues to stop that from happening.

Are those the issues you were talking about ?

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP