[Info-vax] Free Alpha emulators running under Linux ?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Tue Jan 4 13:34:05 EST 2022

On 2022-01-04, osf1 <npwbem at googlemail.com> wrote:
> ^P schrieb am Montag, 3. Januar 2022 um 22:21:48 UTC+1:
>> Original project is here:
>> https://gitlab.com/osf1/DECaxp
>
> This is not the original repository. It's my port to get the (then) current version of DECaxp compiled and running on macOS 10.15. The original project is still a work in progress, but there was no activity for quite a while. Not sure, if it's still under development by Jonathan Belanger.

I've now had a look at the original GitLab repository. Last worked on
9 months ago with unanswered issues dating back to a year ago about it
not compiling, so I would assume the answer is no.

I also see the question about whether it can actually run VMS is
still unanswered after 7 months.

Has anyone managed to get the current version to compile and, if so,
have you been able to get it to run VMS ?

Just asking before I spend days trying to get it to work and only then
discover that it's known to be broken or doesn't run VMS properly. :-)

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP