[Info-vax] Free Alpha emulators running under Linux ?

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Wed Jan 5 08:41:04 EST 2022

On 2022-01-05, osf1 <npwbem at googlemail.com> wrote:

> It will not run VMS at this stage. It's missing several parts, to emulate a complete system. I don't remember now, what exactly, but I don't think, the disk I/O parts (ATA/ATAPI) where complete and I don't think the serial ports as well, but haven't checked this.

Thanks for the feedback.

It looks like the last changes were in these areas before the project
was apparently abandoned 9 months ago on GitLab. I may give it a brief
tryout at some point just to see if there's now enough to run VMS.

If I do try it at some point, I will report success or failure back here.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP