[Info-vax] RMS and SSIO (again)

Arne Vajhøj arne at vajhoej.dk
Sun Jan 9 18:39:08 EST 2022

On 1/8/2022 8:38 PM, Greg Tinkler wrote:
> On Sunday, 9 January 2022 at 12:09:36 pm UTC+11, Arne Vajhøj wrote:
> yes not maybe, in case you have not noticed OpenVMS is a commercial operation.

That does not prevent you from publishing C code that
solve the problem on all VMS versions.

> What I will show is to key bit to solving the problem.
>          fdptr->fab->fab$b_rfm = FAB$C_UDF;
>          fdptr->fab->fab$v_esc = 1;
>          fdptr->fab->fab$l_ctx = RME$C_SETRFM;
>          sts = sys$modify (fdptr->fab);
>
> And no I don't feel like having to explain it, you ether understand or don't.

That is the C equivalent of:

$ SET FILE/ATTR=RFM:UDF

And if you think that is the solution to the SSIO problem, then
I am changing my opinion from "Somehow I doubt that" to
"I totally do not believe that".

Arne