[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 18:59:28 EST 2022

On 1/10/22 4:18 PM, Bob Eager wrote:
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2022 12:41:32 -0500, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

>>> That works.
>>>
>>> $ type bob.rexx say 'Hello, world'
>>> $ mcr []rexx bob.rexx Hello, world
>>>
>>> The little test program that it comes with also works:
>>>
>>> $ typ [.demo]testvms.rexx /*
>>>    * Test program for Regina 3.3 *
>>>    * This program tests the OpenVMS specific BIFs.
>>>    *
>>>    */
>>> Trace o Say Say 'Name of the my current disk:' f$getdvi("sys$disk:",
>>> 'volnam')
>>> Say 'My own pid:' f$getjpi("0","pid")
>>> Say Begin of external command dir '*.cxx'
>>> Say end of external command Return 0 $ mcr []rexx [.demo]testvms.rexx
>>>
>>> Name of the my current disk: DISK2 My own pid: 0000043E BEGIN OF
>>> EXTERNAL COMMAND %DIRECT-W-NOFILES, no files found END OF EXTERNAL
>>> COMMAND
>>>

>> If you want a more detailed test, Rosetta Code has a bunch of REXX
>> examples.
>
> I don't *think* I did anything on there, althiugh I know you did, Bill.
>
> But I did most of the pages on ML/I !

I've done a number.  Some in obscure languages like RATFOR and Basic09.
I even did some DIBOL-11 and MACRO-11.   It's actually a lot of fun.
Been working mostly on COBOL lately and plan to submit more in the near
future.  Keeps my skills well honed.  Never know when someone will need
a job done in one of the languages I can still do.  :-)

bill