[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

Simon Clubley clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP
Mon Jan 17 13:53:46 EST 2022

On 2022-01-17, Arne Vajhøj <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:

> Separate compile and link is the VMS way ...
>
> I don't know how the compiled code looks like.
>
> It supports /LIST but not /LIST/MACH (well it accept the
> /MACH but does not produce anything).
>
> Do we have a disassembler for VMS Alpha?

There's the srm_check utility Stephen likes to post about.

If someone has built binutils for Alpha, try the objdump utility.
(I don't know if objdump works for an Alpha target however. When I was
playing with binutils for an Alpha VMS target, there were limitations
in the Alpha VMS support in binutils).

You can also use SDA or the debugger to disassemble an instruction sequence.

Simon.

--
Simon Clubley, clubley at remove_me.eisner.decus.org-Earth.UFP