[Info-vax] Meditech in the news

Sam Weiner weiner at shell02.TheWorld.com
Tue Jan 18 22:41:04 EST 2022

In article <61e60705$0$701$14726298 at news.sunsite.dk>,
Arne Vajhøj  <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:
>On 1/17/2022 2:52 PM, Sam Weiner wrote:
>> In article <61e59077$0$699$14726298 at news.sunsite.dk>,
>> Arne Vajhøj  <arne at vajhoej.dk> wrote:

>https://sourceforge.net/projects/fis-gtm/files/GT.M-Alpha-OpenVMS/V6.2-001/

>>> Separate compile and link is the VMS way ...
>>>
>>> I don't know how the compiled code looks like.
>>>
>>> It supports /LIST but not /LIST/MACH (well it accept the
>>> /MACH but does not produce anything).
>>
>> [smw] The machine list feature requires a debug build.
>>
>> [smw] The object code is largely, though not completely, calls into the
>> runtime C code.
>>
>> [smw] You don't need to precompile the source to the M routines and
>> "MUMPS /DIRECT" will get a prompt at which you can type M commands.
>> "DO ^routine" will compile routine.m if needed and execute it.
>>
>> [smw] The Programmer's Guide which should be on sf.net is pretty good.
>
>I get the feeling that someone knows this product well.
>
>:-)

[smw2] You could say that.

[smw2] BTW, I was wrong about sf.net having the manuals.  The wikipedia
entry for "GT.M" does have a reference to where they are however.  Enjoy.

Sam