[Info-vax] Status of FAFNER.DYNDNS.ORG

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 09:20:05 EST 2022

On 1/22/22 3:14 AM, Phillip Helbig (undress to reply) wrote:
> In article <j50r76Fj9g7U1 at mid.individual.net>, Hans Bachner
> <hans at bachner.priv.at> writes:
>
>> No,I don't know the status of FAFNER, except that fafner.dyndns.org
>> seems to be no longer registered.
>>
>> But have a look at www.vaxman.de - there's information on how to contact
>> Bernd Ulmann, the owner of FAFNER.
>>
>> Much of that site hasn't been updated for quite some time, but I'm sure
>> he reads mail sent to the address given there. Otherwise, you can find
>> him on Linkedin and Xing.
>
> We've never met personally, but I think that Bernd (the other VAXman) is
> still around.  He lives not far from me.  Last I heard, he was working
> on an analog computer on a chip.

Bernard is active on LinkedIn and I see his Analog Computer
posts all the time.  I haven't worked with an analog computer
in probably 60 years but I still have mine and once loaned it
to the University for a static display. Been thinking of re-
wiring it as the insulation on all the wires has turned to
gunk.  :-)

bill