[Info-vax] ssh client connection issue to VMS

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Tue Jan 25 17:24:59 EST 2022

On 1/25/22 1:37 PM, pcoviello at gmail.com wrote:
> well I added this into the config file
>
> Host PO10IT002 / IP> 10.128.52.10

Hum.

I don't know if it's a message / Usenet / other formatting issue or if
you have the forward slash and / or greater than symbol on the line.  I
would expect neither of those characters to be there in a standard SSH
client configuration file.

> I don't think that TN3270 uses or sees it?  at least if I'm reading
> this right...

Try having the standard ssh client connect to the name or IP address.
Add the "-v" command line option to see if the config entries are being
applied or not.

I see something like:

debug1: /path/to/client/config/file line ##: Applying options for
$ServerName

If you see that, then you know that the config is being applied.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die