[Info-vax] Userland programming languages on VMS.

cao...@pitbulluk.org caoimhe at pitbulluk.org
Fri Jan 28 04:06:31 EST 2022

On Friday, January 28, 2022 at 6:29:10 AM UTC, Steven Schweda wrote:
> > Which I do not consider exotic.
> Sure, fine, but look at the results from the current blend of (what
> are, I assume) defaults. Whether or not better results are so "easy",
> the existing situation (mess) is the existing situation (mess).
>
> As I said, "unrealistic". That was an inference, not a postulate.

Aren't C/C++ the only VMS languages capable of using the full 64 bit address space?
Perhaps some others are (partially) capable but it doesn't look at all convenient.
Pascal has IADDRESS64 in addition to IADDRESS but why bother to call a _64 system service when you can't really do much else with it?